Basic Homemade Yogurt
With a little bit of effort and patience you can enjoy delicious homemade yogurt.
- Medium Mixing Bowl
- 4 Ounce Ball Jars with Lids
- 1 3/4 cup Whole Milk
- 1 1/2 tbsp Greek Yogurt
- 3 1/2 tbsp Granulated Sugar
- Fresh Fruit, For Garnish
- Honey, For Garnish
- Add enough water to the sous vide container to ensure that the ingredients are fully submerged and the minimum quantity of water is reached. Complete set up by securing the circulator tower to the sous vide container.
- While the water bath is heating to the target cooking temperature, please move on to preparing the yogurt.Temperature: 109.4 °F Time: 12 hours
- Combine whole milk and sugar in a small sauce pot and stir until well incorporated. Note: You can adjust the amount of sugar depending on your personal preference. Bring the yogurt base to a gentle simmer until an instant-read thermometer reads 180°F. Hold the mixture at 180°F for 10 minutes.1 3/4 cup Whole Milk, 3 1/2 tbsp Granulated Sugar
- Transfer the sauce pot to an ice bath and stir until the instant read thermometer reaches 110°F.
- Thoroughly whisk in the greek yogurt into the cooled yogurt base.1 1/2 tbsp Greek Yogurt
- Carefully pour the yogurt base into each of the ball jars. Make sure not to over fill the jars and that the lids can be easily screwed on and off. Secure the lids to each jar so they are air tight.
- When the target temperature is reached, using a pair of tongs, gently lower each jar into the water bath.
- Cook the food until ready.
- Transfer the yogurt to a refrigerator and chill for at least 2 hours.
- Serve with your favorite fruit and a drizzle of honey for a healthy choice.Fresh Fruit, For Garnish, Honey, For Garnish
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!