Rum Poached Pineapple
Pineapple and rum are the perfect combination for an easy and delicious dessert.
- Vacuum Bag
- Vacuum Sealer
- Chef Knife
- 1 each Pineapple, peeled and core removed
- 1 tbsp Dark Rum
- 2 1/2 tbsp Brown Sugar
- 1 tbsp Unsalted Butter
- Add enough water to the sous vide container to ensure that the ingredients are fully submerged and the minimum quantity of water is reached. Complete set up by securing the circulator tower to the sous vide container.
- While the water bath is heating to the target cooking temperature, please move on to preparing the pineapple.Temperature: 158.0 °F Time: 1 hour, 30 minutes
- Using a chef’s knife remove the base and top of the pineapple. To remove the skin of the pineapple, run the chef’s knife down each side of removing the skin in long strips. Cut the pineapple into quarters then remove the woody core from each quarter.1 each Pineapple, peeled and core removed
- Add the pineapple, dark rum, brown sugar, and unsalted butter to a vacuum seal or zip lock bag.1 tbsp Dark Rum, 2 1/2 tbsp Brown Sugar, 1 tbsp Unsalted Butter
- Using the vacuum sealer, make sure that the pineapple is completely sealed and that any excess air has been removed from the bag.
- When the target temperature is reached, gently lower the bagged pineapples into the water bath.
- Cook the food until ready.
- Remove the pineapple from the water bath and place directly in the refrigerator to cool. Chill for 1 to 2 hours.
- Serve the pineapple with coconut ice cream and a drizzle of the sauce.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!