Sous Vide Oreo Cheesecake
Enjoy the best of both worlds with this delicious cheesecake recipe. The Oreo cookie crust delivers the perfect crunch to go along with the creamy cookie filled cheesecake.
- Stand Mixer
- 4 Ounce Ball Jars with Lids
- Medium Mixing Bowl
- Chef Knife
- Hand or Stand Mixer with Whisk
- Fine Mesh Kitchen Strainer
For the Oreo Crust
- 1/4 cup Oreo Cookies cookie only, processed into small crumbles
- 2 tbsp Unsalted Butter melted
- 1/8 tsp Kosher Salt
For the Cheese Cake Filling
- 8.5 oz Cream Cheese room temperature
- 1/3 cup White Granulated Sugar
- 1 each Large Egg
- 1 1/2 tbsp Heavy Whipping Cream
- 2 tsp Lemon Juice
- 1.1 oz Oreo Cookies, roughly chopped cookie only
- Add enough water to the sous vide container to ensure that the ingredients are fully submerged and the minimum quantity of water is reached. Complete set up by securing the circulator tower to the sous vide container.
- While the water bath is heating to the target cooking temperature, please move on to preparing the Oreo cheesecakes.Temperature: 185.0 °F Time: 20 minutes
- Place the Oreo Cookies in a zip-lock bag and lay on a flat surface. Using a rolling pin, roll over the cookies until they form small crumbles. Alternatively you can process the Oreo Cookies in a food processor. Reserve the crumble for the cookie crust.1/4 cup Oreo Cookies
- Using a knife, give the cookies a rough chop. They should be about the size of a pea. Reserve the cookie pieces for the cheese cake filling.1.1 oz Oreo Cookies, roughly chopped
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the Oreo Cookie crumble, unsalted butter, and kosher salt. Mix until well combined and the crumbs become slightly moist. Evenly distribute the crumbs between the 5 jars. Firmly press the crumb mixture into the base of the jar. Transfer the jars to the refrigerator and allow to chill while preparing the cheesecake filling.1/4 cup Oreo Cookies, 2 tbsp Unsalted Butter, 1/8 tsp Kosher Salt
- In either a medium mixing bowl or the pitcher of a stand mixer fitted with a whisk, measure and combine cream cheese of room temperature, granulated sugar, a large egg, heavy whipped cream and lemon juice. Mix at medium speed until the mixture becomes smooth, then strain the filling through a fine mesh strainer, add the chopped Oreos in and mix well.8.5 oz Cream Cheese, 1/3 cup White Granulated Sugar, 1 each Large Egg, 1 1/2 tbsp Heavy Whipping Cream, 2 tsp Lemon Juice, 1.1 oz Oreo Cookies, roughly chopped
- Evenly distribute the filling to each of the jars with the Oreo cookie crust.
- Using a pair of tongs or a jar lifter, gently lower the cheesecakes into the water bath.
- Allow the Oreo cheesecakes to sous vide for the duration of the given cooking time.
- Transfer the cheesecake to a refrigerator and chill for at least 2 hours.
- We like to finish this delicious dessert with whipped cream and a few pieces of Oreo cookie. Delicious!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!