Basic Sous Vide Beef Ribs with Fresh Herbs
Indulge in succulent short ribs that are soft and tender. Pair them with some fresh vegetables for a satisfying meal.
- Vacuum Sealer
- Vacuum Bag
- Chef Knife
- Kitchen Paper
- Sheet Tray with Roasting Rack
- Pastry Brush
- Sauté Pan
For Sous Vide Cooking
- 24.7 oz Beef Ribs
- 1 tsp Kosher Salt
- 10 turns Black Pepper, freshly cracked
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil for sear
- 3 each Garlic Clove, whole skin on crushed
- 3 sprig Fresh Thyme
- 1/4 cup Beef Stock optional
- 1 tbsp Unsalted Butter or Olive Oil, for sous vide cooking
- Barbecue Sauce or Cooking Liquid for roasting
- Add enough water to the sous vide container to ensure that the ingredients are fully submerged and the minimum quantity of water is reached. Complete set up by securing the circulator tower to the sous vide container.
- Choose your preferred doneness.Taste: Firm, tender and meaty Temperature: 158.0 °F Time: 14 hours
- Trim away any tough connective tissue or excess fat from the beef ribs. Using a paper towel, wipe away any excess blood or moisture.24.7 oz Beef Ribs
- Generously season the ribs with salt and pepper.24.7 oz Beef Ribs, 1 tsp Kosher Salt, 10 turns Black Pepper, freshly cracked
- Place a sauté pan over high heat and add high-temperature cooking oil. When the oil begins to lightly smoke, carefully add the beef ribs to the pan. Sear the short ribs on all sides until golden brown. Approximately 1 minute per side.
- Place the beef ribs in the vacuum bag along with olive oil or unsalted butter, thyme, garlic cloves and beef stock.3 each Garlic Clove, whole skin on crushed, 1 tbsp Unsalted Butter or Olive Oil, for sous vide cooking, 1/4 cup Beef Stock
- Using the vacuum sealer, make sure that the beef ribs are completely sealed and that any air has been removed from the bag.
- When the target temperature is reached, carefully place the sealed ribs in the water bath making sure that it is completely submerged in the water and start the cooking timer.
- Cook until ready.
- Once the ribs have finished cooking, carefully remove them from the water bath. Remove the ribs from the bag to a sheet tray with a roasting rack. Reserve the cooking liquid for basting the ribs. Before grilling or broiling, thoroughly dry the ribs with kitchen paper.
- Place the beef ribs in an oven set to 450℉/230℃ or broil and roast for 5 minutes while periodically brushing with barbecue sauce and the cooking liquid. Alternatively, you can finish the ribs on a hot grill for additional flavor.Barbecue Sauce or Cooking Liquid
- Serve and enjoy!
Nutrition PER SERVING
Calories: 1272kcalCarbohydrates: 9gProtein: 100gFat: 92gSaturated Fat: 33gPolyunsaturated Fat: 5gMonounsaturated Fat: 46gTrans Fat: 0.5gCholesterol: 332mgSodium: 2781mgPotassium: 2103mgFiber: 3gSugar: 0.4gVitamin A: 547IUVitamin C: 6mgCalcium: 113mgIron: 13mg
(Nutrition information is calculated automatically by Spoonacular API and should be considered an estimate.)