Grilling chicken breast to juicy perfection requires the delicate balance of time and technique.
How long to grill chicken breast?
It’s a question that stirs the curiosity of both novice and seasoned grillers. Fear not, for I shall unravel this grilling conundrum.
Ingredients for the Perfect Grilled Chicken Breasts
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried herbs (such as thyme, rosemary, or Italian seasoning)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
How Long to Cook Chicken Breast on Grill
The recommended grilling time for chicken breast is approximately 6-8 minutes per side. However, factors like thickness and desired doneness can influence the timing. Keep a watchful eye, adjusting as needed.
The Key to Perfect Grill Marks
Grill marks on a perfectly grilled chicken breast are like a badge of honor, showcasing the prowess of the griller. These reactions occur when natural sugars and amino acids combine in exciting and delicious ways. To attain those coveted lines, high heat is crucial.
So, to get the perfect grill mark, begin by preheating the grill on high, then lower it to medium-high just before placing the chicken. Frequent turning prevents overcooking one side while allowing the meat to reach the target temperature.
How to Grill Chicken Breasts
- Preheat your grill to medium-high heat for 10-15 minutes.
- In a small bowl, mix together the olive oil, minced garlic, dried herbs, salt, black pepper, and lemon juice.
- Place the chicken breasts in a shallow dish and pour the marinade over them. Ensure that the chicken is well coated with the marinade on both sides. Let it marinate for at least 15-20 minutes to allow the flavors to penetrate the meat.
- Once the grill is hot, lightly oil the grates to prevent the chicken from sticking. You can use a folded paper towel dipped in vegetable oil and held with tongs to do this.
- Place the marinated chicken breasts on the grill and cook for about 6-8 minutes per side, or until the internal temperature reaches 157°F (69°C). The cooking time may vary depending on the thickness of the chicken breasts, so monitor the temperature every minute or so with your InstaProbe instant meat thermometer.
- While grilling, you can baste the chicken with any remaining marinade for extra flavor.
- Once cooked through, remove the chicken breasts from the grill and let them rest for a few minutes before slicing or serving. This helps to keep the meat juicy and tender.
- Serve the grilled chicken breasts with your choice of sides, such as grilled vegetables, salad, or rice.
What to Serve with Grilled Chicken Breast?
When it comes to complementing the succulent flavors of grilled chicken breast, selecting the perfect accompaniments can elevate your meal to a harmonious feast.
Air Fryer Green Bean Fries is a great alternative to the deep-fried version and is super easy to make. This crispy, flavorful side dish that perfectly complements the juicy grilled chicken breast.
Air Fryer Kale Chips: Air Fryer Kale Chips, with their crisp texture and earthy flavor, provides a delightful contrast to the tender and smoky Grilled Chicken Breast.
Crispy Air Fryer Tofu Nuggets: These tofu nuggets, coated in a crispy, seasoned crust, offer a protein-rich option that is both tasty and versatile. Serve them with Grilled Chicken Breast creates a dynamic duo that caters to different preferences and dietary needs.