Baja Shrimp Tacos
Sweet and tender shrimp coated in a chili-lime marinade makes for a delicious weeknight taco. Don’t forget to top your tacos with our tangy avocado crema.
For the Shrimps and Marinade
- 1/2 cup Olive Oil
- 2 tsp Lime Zest
- 1/4 tsp Ground Cumin
- 2 each Garlic Clove, finely chopped
- 1 tsp Kosher Salt
- 20 turns Black Pepper, freshly cracked
- 1 pound Large Shrimp (about 30 per pound), peeled and deveined
- 1 tsp Chili powder
- 2 tbsp Lime Juice
For the Avocado Crema
- 1 each Large Avocado
- 1/4 cup Sour Cream
- 1/4 cup Lime Juice
- 1/2 cup Fresh Cilantro, finely chopped
- 3/4 tsp Kosher Salt
- 1 each Jalapeno chopped, deseeded
For the Tacos:
- as needed Shredded Green Cabbage as needed
- as needed Cotija Cheese, crumbled as needed
- as needed Lime Wedges as needed
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the marinade ingredients and mix until well combined. Add the shrimp to the marinade and mix until well-coated. Allow the shrimp to marinate in the refrigerator for 15 to 30 minutes.1/2 cup Olive Oil, 2 tsp Lime Zest, 1/4 tsp Ground Cumin, 2 each Garlic Clove, finely chopped, 1 tsp Kosher Salt, 20 turns Black Pepper, freshly cracked, 1 pound Large Shrimp (about 30 per pound), peeled and deveined, 1 tsp Chili powder, 2 tbsp Lime Juice
- Combine all of the cream ingredients in a blender pitcher. Blend until smooth and reserve in the refrigerator. If you don’t have a blender, you can combine the ingredients in a bowl and use a whisk or fork to mash the avocado and make the sauce.1 each Large Avocado, 1/4 cup Sour Cream, 2 tbsp Lime Juice, 1/2 cup Fresh Cilantro, finely chopped, 1 tsp Kosher Salt, 1 each Jalapeno
- Preheat the Typhur Dome to 400°F/ 205°C. (Around 5 minutes）
- Add the shrimp to the cooking tray and return to the Typhur Dome.
- Cook the shrimp.Temperature: 400 °F Time: 5 minutes
- Using a pair of tongs, transfer the shrimp to a serving tray or plate.
- We like to serve our spicy shrimp in a warm corn tortilla with shredded cabbage, cotija cheese, avocado cream, and a squeeze of lime juice.as needed Shredded Green Cabbage, as needed Cotija Cheese, crumbled, as needed Lime Wedges
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!