Elotes (Mexican Street Corn)
This Mexican classic combines the natural sweetness of corn with the saltiness of parmesan cheese and spice of chili powder.
- Vacuum Bag
- Vacuum Sealer
- Chef Knife
- Mixing Bowl
- Pastry Brush
For Sous Vide Cooking
- 2 each Sweet Corn on the Cob
- 1 tsp Kosher Salt
- 2 tbsp Unsalted Butter or Olive Oil, for sous vide cooking
- 1 1/2 tsp Granulated Sugar
- 3 tbsp Whole Milk
For Finishing the Corn
- 1/4 cup Mayonnaise
- Sweet pepper powder
- 1 cup Parmesan Cheese, grated
- Add enough water to the sous vide container to ensure that the ingredients are fully submerged and the minimum quantity of water is reached. Complete set up by securing the circulator tower to the sous vide container.
- While the water bath is heating to the target cooking temperature, please move on to preparing the corn.Temperature: 192.2 °F Time: 35 minutes
- After removing the husk, take off the silk and strands of the corn.
- Add the corn cobs to the vacuum seal or zip lock bag along with kosher salt, sugar, milk, and unsalted butter or olive oil.1 tsp Kosher Salt, 1 1/2 tsp Granulated Sugar, 3 tbsp Whole Milk, 2 tbsp Unsalted Butter or Olive Oil, for sous vide cooking
- Using the vacuum sealer, make sure that the corn is completely sealed and that any excess air has been removed from the bag.
- When the target temperature is reached, carefully place the sealed corn in the water bath making sure that it is completely submerged in the water.
- Cook until ready.
- Once the corn has finished cooking, carefully remove it from the water bath.
- After carefully removing the corn from the bag, lightly coat each piece with mayonnaise before rolling in the grated parmesan. We like to finish each piece of corn with a light seasoning of chili powder and a queeze of fresh lime juice. Enjoy!Sweet pepper powder, 1 cup Parmesan Cheese, grated, 1/4 cup Mayonnaise
(Nutrition information is calculated automatically by Spoonacular API and should be considered an estimate.)