Sous Vide Asparagus
If you are looking for a vibrant green, tender on the inside but crisp on the outside piece of asparagus, then look no further. Not only does sous vide asparagus taste great, but it is also better for you.
- Vacuum Sealer
- Vacuum Bag
- 1 bunch Asparagus
- 1/4 tsp Kosher Salt
- 10 turns Fresh Cracked Pepper
- 1 sprig Fresh Thyme optional
- 1 each Garlic Clove whole, skin on, crushed
- 1 tbsp Unsalted Butter or Olive Oil
- Add enough water to the sous vide container to ensure that the ingredients are fully submerged and the minimum quantity of water is reached. Complete set up by securing the circulator tower to the sous vide container.
- While the water bath is heating to the target cooking temperature, please move on to preparing the asparagus.Temperature: 185.0 °F Time: 15 minutes
- Remove the woody stalk or ends from the asparagus.1 bunch Asparagus
- In a large mixing bowl season the asparagus with kosher salt, black pepper, and olive oil. Toss until evenly coated. Add the asparagus along with the garlic and thyme to a vacuum seal bag.1/4 tsp Kosher Salt, 10 turns Fresh Cracked Pepper, 1 sprig Fresh Thyme, 1 each Garlic Clove, 1 tbsp Unsalted Butter or Olive Oil
- Using the vacuum sealer, make sure that the asparagus is completely sealed and that any excess air has been removed from the bag.
- Secure the snap weight to the bottom of the vacuum bag before carefully lowering it into the sous vide container. Secure the vacuum bag by inserting the bag clip into the rack.
- Allow the asparagus to sous vide for the duration of the given cooking time.
- Once the asparagus has finished cooking, carefully remove them from the water bath.
- The asparagus can be enjoyed as is or finished with your favorite vinaigrette or grated parmesan cheese.
Nutrition PER SERVING
Calories: 218kcalCarbohydrates: 24gProtein: 11gFat: 12gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0.5gCholesterol: 30mgSodium: 594mgPotassium: 1055mgFiber: 12gSugar: 9gVitamin A: 3854IUVitamin C: 27mgCalcium: 162mgIron: 11mg
(Nutrition information is calculated automatically by Spoonacular API and should be considered an estimate.)