Can you make nachos in an air fryer? Absolutely yes!
Elevate your game day feast with air fryer nachos, a quick, cheesy treat that’s sure to score big with your guests. In just 6 minutes, these nachos come out perfectly crispy, loaded with cheese and your chosen toppings, all without the need for preheating.
Whether it’s a sports night extravaganza or a casual family gathering, these nachos promise to be the MVP of your snack lineup.
Why Air Fryer Nachos?
Nachos are a favorite snack, but have to admit, cooking them in an air fryer can be a game-changer.
Speedy and Efficient Cooking: Air fryers heat up quickly, meaning you can get your nachos from the kitchen to the table in record time. This is especially handy for impromptu gatherings or when you’re craving a quick snack.
Feed a Large Group: Using Typhur Dome large air fryer, you can whip up a substantial batch of nachos in one go.
Crispier Chips: The circulating hot air in an air fryer cooks the chips evenly, giving them a delightful crispness that can be hard to achieve in a conventional oven.
Customization at Its Best: You can easily tailor the nachos to your liking, adding or omitting toppings based on personal preference or dietary needs.
Easy Clean-Up: With Typhur Dome air fryer self-cleaning feature, making the clean-up process a breeze.
Key Players in Your Nacho Game
- Nachos – The Foundation: The bedrock of your dish, the nachos, should be of high quality. Opt for tortilla chips that are sturdy enough to support the weight of the toppings without becoming soggy. The chips should have a satisfying crunch and be able to withstand the heat without burning.
- Cheese – The Melting Glory: Cheese is the heart of any nacho dish. A blend of cheeses, such as sharp cheddar for its rich flavor and Monterey Jack for its excellent melting properties, creates a perfect, gooey layer. The choice of cheese is crucial as it should melt evenly and coat the chips in a velvety layer of deliciousness.
- Tomato Salsa – The Zesty Companion: Tomato salsa adds a vibrant, tangy element to the nachos. Whether you opt for a homemade version or a store-bought one, the salsa should have a balance of acidity and spice. It can be drizzled over the top or served on the side for dipping. The freshness of the salsa cuts through the richness of the cheese, adding an extra dimension to each bite.
How to Make Nachos in Air Fryer?
A full printable version of this recipe with ingredient measurements is available at the bottom of this post.
Step 1: Arrange a single layer of chips in the air fryer basket. Make sure to overlap the chips so there are no gaps between them.
Step 2: Top the chips with half the cheese and sliced black olives.
Step 3: Add another layer of chips, finishing with the remainder of the cheese and any other toppings you fancy.
Step 4: Select the Air Fryer cooking mode of the Typhur Dome air fryer, and set the temperature to 330 °F. Let the nachos cook for a succinct 6 minutes, transforming them into a melty, crispy concoction.
Pro Tips for the Best Air Fryer Nachos Recipe
1. Mastery in Layering
The art of layering cannot be overstated. Distribute your ingredients uniformly to guarantee that every chip is adorned with a piece of the flavorful toppings extravaganza.
2. Beware of Overcrowding
It’s crucial to give your nachos ample space in the air fryer basket. The secret to achieving that coveted crispiness lies in allowing hot air to flow freely around the nachos.
3. Timeliness is Key
To relish the full experience of air fryer nachos, serve them straight away. Their allure lies in their warmth and that irresistible crunch, best savored fresh out of the air fryer.
Air Fryer Nachos with Tomato Salsa
- Chef Knife
- Medium Mixing Bowl
For tomato salsa
- 14.1 oz Tomatoes diced
- 1/2 cup White Onion diced
- 0.4 oz Garlic Clove minced
- 3 tbsp Fresh Cilantro, roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp Lime Juice
- 1/2 tsp Kosher Salt
- 10 turns Black Pepper, freshly cracked
For the Nachos
- 8.5 oz Tortilla Chips
- 1 cup Cheddar Cheese grated
- 1/4 cup Black Olives sliced
- 1/2 cup Pickled Jalapeno sliced
- 3 tbsp Fresh Cilantro, roughly chopped
- as needed Sour Cream
- Dice the Roma tomatoes and onions. Finely chop the cilantro and mince the garlic. Place the tomatoes, onions, and garlic in a bowl. Add salt, pepper, the juice of 2 limes, and finely chopped cilantro. Gently toss everything together until well mixed.14.1 oz Tomatoes, 1/2 cup White Onion, 0.4 oz Garlic Clove, 3 tbsp Fresh Cilantro, roughly chopped, 1 tbsp Lime Juice, 1/2 tsp Kosher Salt, 10 turns Black Pepper, freshly cracked
- Arrange a single layer of chips in the air fryer basket. Top with half of the cheese and sliced black olives. Repeat with a second layer of chips. Top with the remaining cheese and desired toppings.8.5 oz Tortilla Chips, 1 cup Cheddar Cheese, 1/4 cup Black Olives
- Heat the tortilla chips until the cheese on the surface is completely melted.Temperature: 330 °F Time: 6 minutes
- Once the nachos have finished cooking, use tongs to transfer them to a plate.
- Sprinkle the nachos with pickled jalapenos, cilantro and chopped cilantro. Serve with sour cream and prepared tomato salsa.as needed Sour Cream, 10 turns Black Pepper, freshly cracked
Nutrition PER SERVING
(Nutrition information is calculated automatically by Spoonacular API and should be considered an estimate.)