Let’s have a look together on how to reheat pizza in an air fryer for a delicious, fresh-out-of-the-oven taste.
Say goodbye to sad, soggy pizza. It’s time to learn the secrets!
The Benefits of Reheating Pizza in an Air Fryer
Before we get into how to make your leftover pizza taste fresh out of the oven, let’s talk about what makes an air fryer the ideal cooking vessel for reheating pizza:
- Quick and efficient: An air fryer heats up quickly and requires less time than an oven to reheat your pizza, a convenient option when you’re short on time.
- Retains Flavor: Reheating pizza in an air fryer helps to retain the flavor of the toppings and crust.
- Versatility: Air fryers can accommodate a variety of pizza types, from thin and crispy to thick and doughy, without sacrificing the taste or texture.
- Energy-efficient: Using an air fryer uses less energy than heating up a full-size oven. It’s environmentally friendly.
How to Reheat Pizza in an Air Fryer
People who take pizza seriously, take reheating their pizza just as seriously. It’s those people we had in mind when we tested out the Typhur Dome Air Fryer on day-old pizza. Thanks to its huge cooking area (1011cm2), a 12-inch pizza fits perfectly in the air fryer basket. Follow the steps below for perfect leftover pie every single time.
Let’s go through the process together on how to reheat pizza in the Typhur Dome Air Fryer, step by step:
Step 1. For reheating leftover pizza, set your air fryer to a temperature of 350°F. If you wish to reheat frozen pizza, increase the preheated temperature of your air fryer to 375°F.
Step 2. Place the leftover/frozen pizza in the Dome, allowing enough space between each slice.
Step 3. Carefully place the air fryer basket into the preheated Dome.
Step 4. Place the pizza in the air fryer and cook for 3 minutes if it’s leftover, or 8 minutes if it’s frozen.
Step 5. Remove the air fryer basket from the Dome, and let the pizza cool for a few minutes before serving.
Pro Chef Tips for reheating pizza in air fryer
Want to know a few ways to make your leftover pizza better? We got some tips from pros to help you get the best results when you reheat a pizza with an air fryer:
- For easy cleanup, line the air fryer basket with parchment paper or foil and place the leftover pizza on top of the paper before cooking. This prevents sticking and ensures even cooking.
- Arrange the pizza slices in a single layer in the air fryer basket. This ensures the hot air can circulate around each slice and cook them evenly. Overlapping or stacking the slices can result in unevenly heated pizza, which may cause them to stick together, making it difficult to remove them from the basket.
- There is no need to spray oil on the pizza. The pizza already contains enough oil from the cheese and toppings, which will be released during the reheating process. Adding extra oil can make the pizza too greasy and may lead to uneven heating or burning.
- Depending on the thickness and type of pizza, you may need to adjust the temperature and cooking time. Start by heating the pizza at 350°F for 3-4 minutes and checking frequently to avoid overheating.
FAQs about Reheat Pizza in Air Fryer
If you’ve ever been torn between taking the extra time with an oven to reheat great leftover pizza or getting it done faster with rubbery results in the microwave, you’ll be pleased with the fast and crispy results of pizza reheated in an air fryer. The hot circulating air in an air fryer creates a crispy texture that you get in an oven, but it’s fast like a microwave.
A temperature of 350°F (180°C) is a good starting point, but you may need to adjust it depending on your air fryer’s wattage and the thickness of your pizza.
No, there’s no need to spray oil on the pizza when reheating it in the air fryer. However, if you don’t use parchment paper, you can spray the air fryer basket with oil so the pizza doesn’t stick to the basket.
So, let’s sum it up!
If you always have pizza lying around in your fridge, get your air fryer out!
Reheating pizza in an air fryer is a quick and easy way to enjoy leftover pizza without sacrificing its texture and flavor. By following these simple steps and tips from professional chefs, you’ll have perfectly reheated pizza in no time. Save and don’t waste your food. Bring out the potential of what’s left.
Reheat Pizza in Air Fryer
- 4 each leftover pizza
- Set your air fryer to a temperature of 350°F. If you wish to reheat frozen pizza, increase the preheated temperature of your air fryer to 375°F.
- Place the leftover/frozen pizza in the Dome, allowing enough space between each slice.
- Cook for 3 minutes if it’s leftover, or 8 minutes if it’s frozen.
- Remove the air fryer basket from the Dome, and let the pizza cool for a few minutes before serving.
(Nutrition information is calculated automatically by Spoonacular API and should be considered an estimate.)