Sous Vide White Asparagus
What better way to enjoy asparagus than finishing with a light drizzle of brown butter and fresh parsley.
- Vacuum Sealer
- Vacuum Bag
- Vegetable Peeler
- Chef Knife
- 1 bunch White Asparagus
- 1/2 tsp Kosher Salt
- 10 turns Fresh Cracked Pepper
- 1/8 cup Whole Milk
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- Add enough water to the sous vide container to ensure that the ingredients are fully submerged and the minimum quantity of water is reached. Complete set up by securing the circulator tower to the sous vide container.
- While the water bath is heating to the target cooking temperature, please move on to preparing the asparagus.Temperature: 158.0 °F Time: 15 minutes
- Remove the woody stalk or ends from the asparagus. To increase the tenderness of the asparagus, using a vegetable peeler, gently peel the asparagus.1 bunch White Asparagus
- In a large tray season the asparagus with kosher salt, black pepper, and olive oil. Toss until evenly coated.1/2 tsp Kosher Salt, 10 turns Fresh Cracked Pepper, 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- Add the asparagus along with milk to a vacuum seal bag.1/8 cup Whole Milk
- Using the vacuum sealer, make sure that the asparagus is completely sealed and that any excess air has been removed from the bag.
- When the target temperature is reached, carefully place the sealed asparagus in the water bath making sure that it is completely submerged in the water.
- Cook the food until ready.
- Once the asparagus has finished cooking, carefully remove it from the water bath.
- The asparagus can be enjoyed as is or finished with your hollandaise.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!