Sous Vide Lemon Garlic Shrimp
Sweet and tender shrimp, gently cooked with lemon and garlic. These flavorful and tasty prawns are perfect for serving over a bowl of pasta or rice.
- Vacuum Sealer
- Vacuum Bag
- Kitchen Scissors
- Paper Towels
- Chef Knife
- Medium Mixing Bowl
- 1 pound Large Shrimp (about 30 per pound), peeled and deveined
- 1 tsp Kosher Salt
- 1 tbsp Unsalted Butter or Olive Oil, for sous vide cooking
- 10 turns Fresh Cracked Pepper
- 2 each Garlic Clove finely chopped
- 1 tsp Lemon zest
- Add enough water to the sous vide container to ensure that the ingredients are fully submerged and the minimum quantity of water is reached. Complete set up by securing the circulator tower to the sous vide container.
- Choose your preferred doneness.Taste: Soft, tender and juicy Temperature: 125.6 °F Time: 15 minutes
- Using a microplane or fine food grater, gently remove the zest from the lemon. Finely chop the garlic.1 tsp Lemon zest, 2 each Garlic Clove
- After peeling the shrimp, use either a paring knife or pair of kitchen scissors to remove the vein from the shrimp. The vein runs along the back of the shrimp. Note: We recommend saving the shrimp shells, as they can be used for making stocks and sauces.
- Moderately season the shrimp with kosher salt, fresh cracked pepper, chopped garlic, lemon zest, combine all the ingredients in a medium size bowl and mix it well. Add the seasoned shrimp along with the olive oil or unsalted butter to the vacuum bag.1 tsp Kosher Salt, 10 turns Fresh Cracked Pepper, 2 each Garlic Clove, 1 tsp Lemon zest, 1 tbsp Unsalted Butter or Olive Oil, for sous vide cooking
- Using the vacuum sealer, make sure that the shrimp are completely sealed and that any excess air has been removed from the bag.
- Secure the snap weight to the bottom of the vacuum bag before carefully lowering it into the sous vide container. Secure the vacuum bag by inserting the bag clip into the rack.
- Allow the shrimp to sous vide for the duration of the given cooking time.
- Once the shrimp has finished cooking, carefully remove them from the water bath.
- Sweet and tender shrimp, gently cooked with lemon and garlic. These flavorful and tasty prawns are perfect for serving over a bowl of pasta or rice.
Nutrition PER SERVING
Calories: 245kcalProtein: 46gFat: 7g
(Nutrition information is calculated automatically by Spoonacular API and should be considered an estimate.)