Sous Vide Scallops
Never overcook scallops again! Sous viding the scallops brings out their natural sweetness and delicate texture.
- Vacuum Sealer
- Vacuum Bag
- Paper Towels
For Sous Vide Cooking
- 6 each Fresh Jumbo Scallops (U-10), approximately 10 scallops per pound
- 1 tsp Kosher Salt
- 1 tbsp Unsalted Butter or Olive Oil, for sous vide cooking
- 10 turns Fresh Cracked Pepper
- 1 sprig Fresh Thyme or Rosemary
- 1 each Garlic Clove, whole skin on crushed
For Searing the Scallops
- 1 tbsp High Temperature Oil: canola oil, grape seed oil, avocado oil
- 1 tbsp Unsalted Butter, for basting (optional)
- Add enough water to the sous vide container to ensure that the ingredients are fully submerged and the minimum quantity of water is reached. Complete set up by securing the circulator tower to the sous vide container.
- Choose your preferred doneness.Taste: Soft and juicy Temperature: 120.2 °F Time: 25 minutes
- Gently remove the side muscle from each scallop.6 each Fresh Jumbo Scallops (U-10), approximately 10 scallops per pound
- Moderately season each scallop with salt and fresh cracked pepper before placing them in the vacuum bag along with olive oil or unsalted butter, garlic, and thyme.6 each Fresh Jumbo Scallops (U-10), approximately 10 scallops per pound, 1 tsp Kosher Salt, 1 tbsp Unsalted Butter or Olive Oil, for sous vide cooking, 1 each Garlic Clove, whole skin on crushed, 1 sprig Fresh Thyme or Rosemary, 10 turns Fresh Cracked Pepper
- Using the vacuum sealer, make sure that the scallops are completely sealed and that any excess air has been removed from the bag.
- When the target temperature is reached, carefully place the sealed scallops in the water bath making sure that they are completely submerged in the water bath.
- Cook until ready.
- Once the scallops have finished cooking, carefully remove the sealed bag from the water bath. Remove the scallops from the bag along with the herbs and garlic to a paper towel-lined plate or tray. Before searing, thoroughly dry each filet with a paper towel.
- Take out the scallops from the bag along with the herbs and garlic onto a paper towel-lined plate or tray. Before searing, thoroughly dry each scallop with a paper towel.
- Place a sauté pan over high heat and add high-temperature cooking oil and unsalted butter. When the oil begins to lightly smoke, carefully add the scallops along with the garlic and herbs to the pan. Sear the scallops for approximately 1 minute per side, while continuously spooning the aromatic butter over each scallop.This adds an extra depth of flavor and smells amazing!1 tbsp Unsalted Butter, for basting (optional), 1 tbsp High Temperature Oil: canola oil, grape seed oil, avocado oil
- Serve as desired!
Nutrition PER SERVING
Calories: 102kcalProtein: 0.5gFat: 11g
(Nutrition information is calculated automatically by Spoonacular API and should be considered an estimate.)