This 24-hour sous vide lamb shanks will wow your taste buds, that’s ideal for your Christmas dinner table!
Sous-vide Lamb Shanks in Red Wine Sauce
- Vacuum Sealer
- Vacuum Bag
- Sauté Pan
- Deep Pot
- Chef Knife
- Fine Mesh Kitchen Strainer
- 35.3 oz Lamb Shank
- 6.3 oz Celery cut into small cubes
- 3.2 oz Yellow Onion cut into small cubes
- 3.2 oz Carrot cut into small cubes
- 6 pic Garlic Clove
- 1 sprig Rosemarry
- 2 sprig Fresh Thyme
- 1.4 oz Tomato Paste
- 1 cup Water or u can use chicken stock
- 1 cup Red Wine
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- Black Pepper, freshly cracked
- Unsalted Butter
- Add enough water to the tank to ensure that the ingredients are fully submerged and the minimum quantity of water is reached. Complete set up by securing the sous vide cooker to the tank.
- While the water bath is heating to the target cooking temperature, please move on to preparing the lamb shank.Temperature: 158.0 °F Time: 24 hours
- Remove any excess fat or connective tissue from the lamb shank. Season the lamb shank with a generous pinch of salt and pepper.
- Prepare a pan heating it over medium heat. Once heated, add in the oil. After the oil is hot, carefully place the lamb shanks into the pan. Sear each side for approximately three minutes, or until each surface has reached a beautiful brown color.
- Prepare a soup pot, heat the pot over medium heat, add olive oil, then add onions, celery, carrots and garlic. Sauté the vegetables until caramelized. Next, add rosemary, thyme, cumin and tomato paste and stir-fry quickly. Pour in red wine, let alcohol evaporate, then add water. Turn up the heat to condense the liquid to two-thirds of its initial volume.6.3 oz Celery, 3.2 oz Yellow Onion, 3.2 oz Carrot, 6 pic Garlic Clove, 1 sprig Rosemarry, 2 sprig Fresh Thyme, 1.4 oz Tomato Paste, 1 cup Water, 1 cup Red Wine, 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- Place the lamb shank in a vacuum seal or zip lock bag along with red wine and vegetable base.
- Using the vacuum sealer, make sure that the lamb shanks are completely sealed and that any excess air has been removed from the bag.
- When the target temperature is reached, carefully place the sealed lamb shanks in the water bath making sure that it is completely submerged in the water.
- Cook the food until ready.
- Once the lamb shank have finished cooking, carefully remove it from the water bath. Remove those lamb shanks from the bag. Pour the liquid from the vacuum bag, straining it through a kitchen mesh.
- Add the filtered liquid to the pot. Turn up the heat and add butter, salt, and black pepper to your taste. Feel free to reduce the sauce until it suits your preference.Unsalted Butter, Salt, Black Pepper, freshly cracked
- Place the lamb shanks on a platter, add the red wine sauce and serve with your favorite side dishes.
Nutrition PER SERVING
(Nutrition information is calculated automatically by Spoonacular API and should be considered an estimate.)