Crispy Chicken Wings
You can enjoy the wings as they are, or tossed in your favorite BBQ or hot sauce.
- Vacuum Bag
- Vacuum Sealer
- Baking Sheet with Wire Rack
- Paper Towels
- Deep Pot
- Chef Knife
For Sous-vide the Chicken Wings
- 3 tsp Kosher Salt
- 2 tbsp Unsalted Butter or Olive Oil, for sous vide cooking
- 20 turns Black Pepper, freshly cracked
- 5 cloves Garlic Clove, whole skin on crushed
- 4 sprig Fresh Thyme
- 1350 g Chicken Wings cut into drumettes and flats
For Finishing Step Deep Fry
- 2 L High Temperature Oil: canola oil, grape seed oil, avocado oil
- Add enough water to the sous vide container to ensure that the ingredients are fully submerged and the minimum quantity of water is reached. Complete set up by securing the circulator tower to the sous vide container.
- Choose your preferred doneness.Taste: Off-the-bone soft and juicy Temperature: 158.0 °F Time: 2 hours
- Remove the tip of the chicken wing, cut it at the joint with a knife, and dry the surface of the chicken wing with paper towels.1350 g Chicken Wings
- Moderately season each side of the chicken wings with salt and freshly cracked pepper. Add the chicken wings along with the garlic, herbs, and olive oil to a vacuum seal bag.3 tsp Kosher Salt, 20 turns Black Pepper, freshly cracked, 5 cloves Garlic Clove, whole skin on crushed, 4 sprig Fresh Thyme, 2 tbsp Unsalted Butter or Olive Oil, for sous vide cooking
- Using the vacuum sealer, make sure that the chicken wings are completely sealed and that any excess air has been removed from the bag.
- When the target temperature is reached, carefully place the chicken wings in the water bath, ensuring that they are completely submerged in the water bath.
- Cook until ready.
- Once the chicken wings have finished cooking, carefully remove the chicken wings from the water bath. Then place the chicken wings on a sheet tray fitted with a wire rack and thoroughly dry the wings with a paper towel.
- Add oil to a large pot. Using an instant-read thermometer, bring the oil up to 400°F. Carefully add 6-8 wings to the hot oil and fry for 2 to 3 minutes before removing to a paper towel-lined tray or plate.2 L High Temperature Oil: canola oil, grape seed oil, avocado oil
- You can enjoy the wings as they are, or tossed in your favorite BBQ or hot sauce.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!