Sous Vide Chicken Thighs
Juicy and flavorful chicken thighs cooked to perfection with the sous vide method. Seasoned with garlic powder and thyme, these chicken thighs are sure to become a new favorite.
- Vacuum Sealer
- Vacuum Bag
- Paper Towels
For Sous Vide Cooking
- 4 each Chicken Thighs or Drum Sticks, skin on with or without bone
- 1 tsp Kosher Salt
- 1 tbsp Unsalted Butter or Olive Oil, for sous vide cooking
- 20 turns Fresh Cracked Pepper
- 1 sprig Fresh Thyme
- 1 each Garlic Clove, whole skin on crushed
For Searing the Chicken Thighs
- 1 tbsp High Temperature Oil: canola oil, grape seed oil, avocado oil
- 1 tbsp Unsalted Butter, for basting (optional)
- Add enough water to the sous vide container to ensure that the ingredients are fully submerged and the minimum quantity of water is reached. Complete set up by securing the circulator tower to the sous vide container.
- Choose your preferred doneness.Taste: Soft and very juicy Temperature: 149.0 °F Time: 1 hour
- Remove any excess fat or connective tissue from the chicken.4 each Chicken Thighs or Drum Sticks, skin on with or without bone
- Moderately season each piece of chicken with kosher salt and freshly cracked pepper before placing them in the vacuum bag along with olive oil or unsalted butter, garlic and thyme.1 tsp Kosher Salt, 1 tbsp Unsalted Butter or Olive Oil, for sous vide cooking, 20 turns Fresh Cracked Pepper, 1 sprig Fresh Thyme, 1 each Garlic Clove, whole skin on crushed
- Using the handheld vacuum sealer, make sure that the chicken is completely sealed and that any excess air has been removed from the bag.
- When the target temperature is reached, carefully place the sealed chicken in the water bath making sure that it is completely submerged in the water.
- Cook the food until ready.
- Once the chicken has finished cooking, carefully remove it from the water bath. Remove the chicken from the bag along with the herbs and garlic to a paper towel-lined plate or a sheet tray. Before searing, thoroughly dry the skin of each piece of chicken with a paper towel.
- Place a sauté pan over high heat and add high-temperature cooking oil and unsalted butter. When the oil begins to lightly smoke, carefully add the chicken skin side down along with the garlic and herbs to the pan. Crisp up the chicken skin for approximately 1 minute and 30 seconds or until crispy and golden brown. Continuously spoon the aromatic butter over each piece of chicken. This adds an extra depth of flavor and smells amazing!1 tbsp High Temperature Oil: canola oil, grape seed oil, avocado oil, 1 tbsp Unsalted Butter, for basting (optional)
- Serve as desired!
Nutrition PER SERVING
Calories: 211kcalProtein: 1gFat: 23g
(Nutrition information is calculated automatically by Spoonacular API and should be considered an estimate.)