Basic Sous Vide Broccoli
Sous vide cooking broccoli not only delivers a tender yet crisp texture, but also helps to maintain the nutrients of the broccoli.
- Vacuum Bag
- Vacuum Sealer
- Medium Mixing Bowl
- Chef Knife
For Sous Vide Cooking
- 1 pound Broccoli
- 1 tsp Kosher Salt
- 10 turns Fresh Cracked Pepper
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- Add enough water to the sous vide container to ensure that the ingredients are fully submerged and the minimum quantity of water is reached. Complete set up by securing the circulator tower to the sous vide container.
- While the water bath is heating to the target cooking temperature, please move on to preparing the broccoli.Temperature: 179.6 °F Time: 15 minutes
- Cut the broccoli into large florets about the size of a golf ball.1 pound Broccoli
- In a large mixing bowl, season the broccoli with kosher salt, black pepper, and olive oil. Toss until evenly coated and add to the vacuum-sealed or zip-lock bag.1 tsp Kosher Salt, 10 turns Fresh Cracked Pepper, 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- Using the vacuum sealer, make sure that the broccoli is completely sealed and that any excess air has been removed from the bag.
- When the target temperature is reached, carefully place the sealed broccoli in the water bath making sure that it is completely submerged in the water.
- Cook until ready.
- Once the broccoli has finished cooking, carefully remove it from the water bath.
- The broccoli can be enjoyed as is or finished with your favorite vinaigrette or grated parmesan cheese.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!