Beer Braised Bratwurst and Onions
Delicious bratwurst with sweet onions and charred sausages for dinner that’s easy to make at home.
For the Beer Braised Brats
- 5 each Bratwurst Links, raw in casing
- 4 cup Yellow Onion thinly sliced
- 3 tbsp Unsalted Butter melted
- 1 tbsp Whole Grain Mustard
- 1 tsp Fennel Seeds
- 1 tsp Kosher Salt
- 1/2 cup Beer (Lager Or Pilsner)
- 10 turns Black Pepper, freshly cracked
- In a large bowl, combine the onions with melted butter, whole-grain mustard, fennel seeds, and kosher salt. Mix until well combined.4 cup Yellow Onion, 3 tbsp Unsalted Butter, 1 tbsp Whole Grain Mustard, 1 tsp Fennel Seeds, 1 tsp Kosher Salt, 10 turns Black Pepper, freshly cracked
- Preheat the Typhur Dome to 400°F/205°C. (Around 5 minutes）
- Carefully place the sausage links in the cooking tray of the Typhur Dome. Return the tray to the Typhur Dome.5 each Bratwurst Links, raw in casing
- Cook the sausage links.Temperature: 400 °F Time: 5 minutes
- Using a pair of tongs carefully flip each of the sausage links. Add the onion mixture and beer to the cooking tray surrounding the sausage links in an even layer. Return the tray to the Typhur Dome.1/2 cup Beer (Lager Or Pilsner)
- Cook the sausage and onions.Temperature: 345 °F Time: 11 minutes
- Remove the cooked sausages and onions to a serving tray. Finish by pouring the beer reduction over the sausage and onions.
- Serve the sausage inside of a toasted roll and topped with onions.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!