Filet Mignon with Garlic and Herb Compound Butter
It’s never been easier to prepare a mouthwatering tender filet mignon. Although the compound butter is optional, we believe it is the perfect accompaniment to this delicious cut of beef.
- Mixing Bowl
- Plastic Wrap
For the Filet Mignon：
- 4 each Filet Mignon, 6-8 oz per filet (1″- 1.5″ thick)
- as needed Kosher Salt
- as needed Black Pepper, freshly cracked
For the Compound Butter (optional)：
- 4 oz Unsalted Butter, softened at room temperature
- 1 tbsp Fresh Parsley, finely chopped
- 1 each Garlic Clove, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1 lemon Lemon zest
- 1/2 tsp Kosher Salt
- 1 tbsp Shallots, finely chopped
- 10 turns Black Pepper, freshly cracked
- Remove the filets from the refrigerator and allow them to temper while preparing the compound butter.4 each Filet Mignon, 6-8 oz per filet (1″- 1.5″ thick)
- Combine the compound butter ingredients in a medium mixing bowl. Using a whisk or rubber spatula, mix the ingredients until well combined. Transfer the compound butter to a large sheet of plastic wrap. Fold the plastic wrap over the butter and begin to roll the plastic wrap until it becomes tight and the butter forms into a cylinder shape. Place the butter in the refrigerator for later use.4 oz Unsalted Butter, softened at room temperature, 1 tbsp Fresh Parsley, finely chopped, 1 each Garlic Clove, finely chopped, 1 tbsp Shallots, finely chopped, 1 tbsp Lemon Juice, 1 lemon Lemon zest, as needed Kosher Salt, as needed Black Pepper, freshly cracked
- Preheat the Typhur Dome to 450°F/230℃. (Around 5 minutes）
- Generously season the filets on all sides with kosher salt and black pepper.as needed Kosher Salt, as needed Black Pepper, freshly cracked
- Once the Typhur Dome has reached the cooking temperature, carefully place the filets into the tray of the Typhur Dome. Make sure to leave space between the filets to ensure even cooking and optimal airflow. Insert the tray back into the Typhur Dome.
- Cook the filets.Temperature: 450 °F Time: 5 minutes
- Carefully flip each filet and return the cooking tray back to the Typhur Dome.
- Cook the filets for approximately 8-10 minutes to reach medium rare. Using an instant-read meat thermometer, check the internal temperature of your filets. Depending on the desired doneness you may have to add 1 to 2 minutes of additional cooking time. Doneness Temperatures: Rare: 122°F/50℃ Medium Rare: 130°F/54℃ Medium: 135°F/57℃ Medium Well: 143°F/62℃ Well Done: 154°F/68℃
- Carefully transfer the filets from the Typhur Dome to a plate or serving dish.
- Top each filet with 1-2 tbsp of the compound butter and allow to rest for approximately 5 minutes.
- For the ultimate steak house experience enjoy this delicious steak with our Twice Baked Potato.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!