Sous Vide Shrimp
With sous vide cooking, it has never been easier to prepare ultra delicate and sweet shrimp. They are delicious on their own, but are perfect for shrimp cocktail, tossed in a pasta, or served in a tacos with your favorite salsa.
- Vacuum Sealer
- Vacuum Bag
- Kitchen Scissors
- Paring Knife
For Sous Vide Cooking
- 1 pound Large Shrimp (about 30 per pound), peeled and deveined
- 1 tsp Kosher Salt
- 2 tbsp Unsalted Butter or Olive Oil, for sous vide cooking
- 10 turns Fresh Cracked Pepper
- 4 slices Lemon, thinly sliced optional
- Add enough water to the sous vide container to ensure that the ingredients are fully submerged and the minimum quantity of water is reached. Complete set up by securing the circulator tower to the sous vide container.
- Chose your preferred doneness.Taste: Soft, tender and juicy Temperature: 125.6 °F Time: 15 minutes
- After peeling the shrimp, use either a paring knife or pair of kitchen scissors to remove the vein from the shrimp. The vein runs along the back of the shrimp. Note: We recommend saving the shrimp shells, as they can be used for making stocks and sauces.1 pound Large Shrimp (about 30 per pound), peeled and deveined
- Moderately season the shrimp with salt and fresh cracked pepper before placing them in the vacuum bag along with olive oil or unsalted butter, and lemon.1 pound Large Shrimp (about 30 per pound), peeled and deveined, 2 tbsp Unsalted Butter or Olive Oil, for sous vide cooking, 1 tsp Kosher Salt, 10 turns Fresh Cracked Pepper, 4 slices Lemon, thinly sliced
- Using the vacuum sealer, make sure that the shrimp are completely sealed and that any excess air has been removed from the bag.
- Secure the snap weight to the bottom of the vacuum bag before carefully lowering it into the sous vide container. Secure the vacuum bag by inserting the bag clip into the rack.
- Allow the shrimp to sous vide for the duration of the given cooking time.
- Once the shrimp have finished cooking, carefully remove them from the water bath.
- We like to serve our shrimp with some tartar and cocktail sauce with a generous squeeze of lemon juice and fresh herbs. Enjoy!
Nutrition PER SERVING
Calories: 386kcalProtein: 91gFat: 2g
(Nutrition information is calculated automatically by Spoonacular API and should be considered an estimate.)