Sous Vide Cheese Omelet
With sous vide cooking, it has never been easier to prepare a rich and decadent omelet. Make this recipe your own by adding different meats, herbs, and vegetables. You can prepare this recipe ahead of time for those mornings when you are on the go.
- Vacuum Sealer
- Vacuum Bag
- Small Mixing Bowl
- 3 each Large Eggs
- 3/4 tsp Kosher Salt
- 10 turns Fresh Cracked Pepper
- 1/4 cup Cheddar Cheese grated
- Add enough water to the sous vide container to ensure that the ingredients are fully submerged and the minimum quantity of water is reached. Complete set up by securing the circulator tower to the sous vide container.
- While the water bath is heating to the target cooking temperature, please move on to preparing the omelet.Temperature: 165.2 °F Time: 20 minutes
- Combine the eggs, salt, black pepper, cheddar cheese, and any other ingredients of your choice in a mixing bowl and whisk until well incorporated.3 each Large Eggs, 3/4 tsp Kosher Salt, 10 turns Fresh Cracked Pepper, 1/4 cup Cheddar Cheese
- Carefully pour the egg mixture into a vacuum bag.
- Using the vacuum sealer, make sure that the omelet is completely sealed and that any excess air has been removed from the bag. If needed, slightly elevate the open side of the bag for easier sealing.
- Secure the snap weight to the bottom of the vacuum bag before carefully lowering it into the sous vide container. Secure the vacuum bag by inserting the bag clip into the rack.
- Allow the omelet to sous vide for the duration of the given cooking time.
- Once the omelet has finished cooking, carefully remove it from the water bath.
- While we like to garnish our omelet with a variety of fresh-picked herbs, feel free to make it your own with your favorite garnishes and toppings.
(Nutrition information is calculated automatically by Spoonacular API and should be considered an estimate.)