Pan Fried Spiced Potatoes
After the potatoes are nicely crispy they are ready to enjoy!
- Vacuum Sealer
- Sauté Pan
- Mixing Bowl
- Paper Towels
- Vacuum Bag
- Chef Knife
- Vegetable Peeler
For Sous Vide Cooking
- 1 pound Yukon Gold or Russett Potatoes (medium sized), thoroughly cleaned
- 3 cloves Garlic Clove, thinly sliced
- 1 sprig Fresh Thyme
- 2 tsp Kosher Salt
- 10 turns Black Pepper, freshly cracked
- 2 tbsp Unsalted Butter or Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp Unsalted Butter
- 1 tbsp High Temperature Oil: canola oil, grape seed oil, avocado oil
- Add enough water to the sous vide container to ensure that the ingredients are fully submerged and the minimum quantity of water is reached. Complete set up by securing the circulator tower to the sous vide container.
- While the water bath is heating to the target cooking temperature, please move on to preparing the potatoes.Temperature: 190.4 °F Time: 1 hour
- Using a vegetable peeler, peel each of the potatoes.1 pound Yukon Gold or Russett Potatoes (medium sized), thoroughly cleaned
- Cut the potatoes into 2 inch cubes and reserve in a large mixing bowl.
- Season the potatoes with garlic cloves, fresh thyme, kosher salt, black pepper, olive oil or unsalted butter and add to the vacuum seal or zip lock bag.3 cloves Garlic Clove, thinly sliced, 1 sprig Fresh Thyme, 2 tsp Kosher Salt, 10 turns Black Pepper, freshly cracked, 2 tbsp Unsalted Butter or Olive Oil
- Using the vacuum sealer, make sure that the potatoes are completely sealed and that any excess air has been removed from the bag.
- When the target temperature is reached, carefully place the sealed potatoes in the water bath making sure that it is completely submerged in the water.
- Cook the food until ready.
- Once the potatoes have finished cooking, carefully remove them from the water bath. Carefully transfer the potatoes from the sous vide bag to a paper towel-lined tray or plate. Using another paper towel, gently pat the potatoes dry. Note: For extra crispy, make sure to remove as much excess moisture as possible.
- Place a sauté pan over medium-high heat and add high-temperature cooking oil, with unsalted butter. When the butter starts to gently foam, carefully add the potatoes, making sure to not overcrowd the pan. Occasionally stir the potatoes to ensure even browning. Fry until golden brown and crispy (approximately 3 minutes).1 tbsp High Temperature Oil: canola oil, grape seed oil, avocado oil
- After the potatoes are nicely crispy they are ready to enjoy!
Nutrition PER SERVING
Calories: 101kcalCarbohydrates: 0.3gProtein: 0.2gFat: 11gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0.5gCholesterol: 30mgSodium: 4653mgPotassium: 10mgFiber: 0.1gSugar: 0.01gVitamin A: 397IUVitamin C: 2mgCalcium: 10mg
(Nutrition information is calculated automatically by Spoonacular API and should be considered an estimate.)