Air fryer potato chips are a delicious alternative to traditionally deep fried potato chips. Make this recipe your own by adding your favorite herbs and spices.
- Mixing Bowl
- Vegetable Peeler
For the potato chips
- 1 each Large Russett Potato, thoroughly washed
- 1/2 tsp Kosher Salt
- 15 turns Black Pepper, freshly cracked
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- Using a vegetable peeler, remove the skin of the potato. Thinly slice the potato using a mandoline or a chef’s knife. The chips should be about 1/16″ thick.1 each Large Russett Potato, thoroughly washed
- Transfer the potato chips to a large bowl filled with ice water. Allow the chips to soak for approximately 15 minutes. Drain the chips and soak for a second time in ice water for an additional 15 minutes. This helps to remove additional starch as well as increase the overall crispness of the chips.
- After removing the chips from the ice water, thoroughly dry them by laying on a paper towel in a single layer. Use a second paper towel to pat the chips dry. Combine the chips with salt, oil, and any other spice or herb of your choice and toss until evenly coated.1 tbsp Olive Oil, 1/2 tsp Kosher Salt, 15 turns Black Pepper, freshly cracked
- Preheat the Typhur Dome to 275°F/135℃. (Around 5 minutes）
- Carefully place the raw chips in the Typhur Dome tray in a single layer. Insert the tray back into the Typhur Dome. Note: You will need to cook the chips in multiple batches. 1 medium potato requires roughly 4 batches.
- To ensure even cooking and crisping, flip the chips every 5 minutes. If some of the chips start to stick together, gently separate them and continue to cook.Temperature: 275 °F Time: 17 minutes
- Remove the potato chips from the Typhur Dome and transfer to a serving dish. Finish with a pinch of salt.
- Enjoy this delicious snack on its own or with your favorite chip dip.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!