Crispy chickpeas are the perfect protein-packed and guilt-free snack. You can enjoy them on their own, or toss them with your favorite spice blend or parmesan cheese.
- Kitchen Paper
- Sheet Tray
- Mixing Bowl
For Crispy Chickpeas
- 1 each Canned Chickpeas, 16 oz can
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1/2 tsp Kosher Salt
Our Favorite Spice Mixtures and Toppings
- as needed Tajin
- as needed Zaatar
- as needed Curry Powder
- as needed Parmesan Cheese, grated
- Drain the chickpeas by pouring them into a colander placed over a mixing bowl. Transfer the chickpeas to a paper towel-lined tray or plate. Use additional kitchen paper to lightly pat the chickpeas dry. Note: You want to dry the chickpeas as thoroughly as possible in order to make them ultra crispy.1 each Canned Chickpeas, 16 oz can
- Combine the chickpeas, kosher salt, olive oil, and your favorite spice mixture in a mixing bowl. Toss until the chickpeas are evenly coated. Note: If using parmesan, reserve until after the chickpeas have finished crisping.
- Add the chickpeas to the cooking tray in a single layer. Make sure not to overcrowd the cooking tray.
- Give the chickpeas a light shake midway through the cooking time.Temperature: 390 °F Time: 12 minutes
- Carefully transfer the chickpeas to a paper towel-lined tray or plate. Allow the chickpeas to cool for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Serve as desired!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!