Lemon Pound Cake
Mix ingredients, pour into ball jars. Cook and cool before serving. Enjoy this tangy, moist lemon pound cake!
- 4 Ounce Ball Jars with Lids
- Medium Mixing Bowl
- Fine Mesh Kitchen Strainer
- 3 tbsp Whole Milk
- 3 each Large Egg
- 1 3/4 cup All Purpose Flour
- 3/4 cup White Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Kosher Salt
- 6.5 oz Unsalted Butter Softened
- 2 tsp Lemon Juice
- 1 tbsp Lemon zest
- Add enough water to the sous vide container to ensure that the ingredients are fully submerged and the minimum quantity of water is reached. Complete set up by securing the circulator tower to the sous vide container.
- While the water bath is heating to the target cooking temperature, please move on to preparing the cake.Temperature: 190.4 °F Time: 30 minutes
- Using a microplane or fine food grater, gently remove the zest from the lemon and add to a medium sized mixing bowl.
- Add all of the ingredients to the bowl with the lemon zest and mix until a smooth batter is formed and there no clumps.3 tbsp Whole Milk, 3 each Large Egg, 1 3/4 cup All Purpose Flour, 3/4 cup White Granulated Sugar, 1/2 tsp Baking Soda, 1/2 tsp Kosher Salt, 6.5 oz Unsalted Butter, 2 tsp Lemon Juice, 1 tbsp Lemon zest
- Add approximately 1/2 a cup of batter to each of the 4 oz. jars. Make sure to not overfill and that the lid can easily be screwed on and off.
- When the target temperature is reached, using a pair of tongs, gently lower each jar into the water bath.
- Cook the food until ready.
- After the cakes have finished cooking, remove from the water bath and allow to cool at room temperature.
- We suggest serving with fresh raspberries and a dollop of whipped cream.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!